Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Home cooked food VS eating outside


This topic is for my persuasive speech today.
About a week ago, I was frustrated because all my friends had found their topic except me.
I am run out of idea and my lecturer was not satisfied with those topic that I told her.
That was really a hard time.

Finally, today I am proud to present my topic which is persuade my audience to cook at home instead of eating at outside like restaurants, cafes, or even food stalls.
This idea came out from one of my friend, thanks to him much .

Due to the hectic lifestyle nowadays, people living in the city usually eating outside for their breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner and even supper. The main caused is they do not have enough time to cook at home as they work from morning until evening or night.
However, I would like to persuade them to cook at home.

Firstly, eating at outside is expensive.
Most of the restaurants including 10% service charge and 6% government tax.
It is also depends on which restaurants or cafe or food stalls you go to.
If you choose to eat at hawker stalls, one meal might cost you around RM 10.
If you choose to eat at normal restaurants, one meal might cost you around RM 25.
If you choose to eat at middle class restaurants, one meal might cost you around RM 50-100.
and what if you go to some high class restaurants to have a dinner ? I can imagine the costs . $$$
Let me give you a comparison.
If your family have 5 people, one fine dinner will costs about RM 120-200.
Do you know that one bag of 10 kg rice is about RM 20-40 ?
Therefore, your one meal can buy 5 to 6 packets of rice which can cook for at least half year.

Secondly, foods at outside might not be good in nutrition.
As far as I concern, usually all foods that sell outside is either too oily,salty and sweet.
Most of it high in calories which can cause overweight and not easily digest.
If you like steamboats, those fish balls, meat balls, seafood tofu are processed food that contain nitrates and nitrites that are preservatives to keep the food fresh for a longer period.
In human body, these preservatives increase blood flow which will cause headache.
In addition, we do not know whether the foods is clean and safe while it is preparing.
Our health maybe affected if we continue to eat outside foods.

Lastly, eating outside is time consuming.
Maybe you are wondering is it possible ?
Yes it is. Because you have to decide where to dine in, then drive to that place and find parking,
then wait to be seated, then decide what to eat , then order, then wait foods to be cook, and finally your food is here.
It is a long process if you realise.
By the way, place in city is always traffic jam, which may cost you more time.

As my conclusion, cooking at home is more likeable.
You can cook by yourself or ask someone to help you out.
While cooking you may chatting with anyone in the house or maybe make phone calls with wireless bluetooth device.
The feel of having dinner at home with all your family members is just comfortable and relax.
Everyone sitting in the round table and chatting while eating is just awesome.
I remembered my uncle said " foods that need a little fight is always taste nicer " .


By Milk Ng Shu Lin







No comments:

Post a Comment