Thursday, March 29, 2012

Last day Public Speaking Class, Ms. Sawcheng who is our lecturer let us have a two minutes speech in five minutes preparation. She gave us two chances, the first one is a practice for us to be familiar with the time limit and get feeling in the speech, and the second one is for our real speech.

The first topic I picked is to persuade the college student should have a one day holiday in their birthday. I can only have a little points that when I having my speech I just can speaking for 30 seconds, and paused for 10 seconds not talking anything. I felt so nervous and cannot look at my audiences. Then I made a conclusion and quickly went back to my seat. When I went back to my seat, Ms. Sawcheng and my classmates told me what I could talk about this topic and made me feel not really nervous.

The second topic which is for my real speech is "In what situation lying is a good idea?" I have many ideas of this, because when I feel not good and do not want others to worry about me, I will lie to them saying I good, not bad or others. So I pretent to have a call from my mom and tell her I'm so good instead of I have many troubles in that time. Then tell my audiences that the reason why we have to lie sometimes, and the example in my experience. This time, I felt very fluently, and had my speech finished.

After this class, I'm not really scared to speak in front of many people. So thankful to these.

Michelle Chia

No comments:

Post a Comment