Sunday, February 19, 2012

Journal Writing2- The place where I usually study




I walked up the narrow staircase of Casual Poet. It is located in a busy area with all sorts of shopping malls, cinemas, karaoke,and also pub surrounding it. Along the staircase, the two sides of the wall is in bright yellow and is decorated with colorful and fragrant flowers. I came across a wooden door which has a sign that said "make yourselves home"in Chinese in a neat, ladylike handwriting. It looks sweet , mysterious, and also inviting to me.

I opened the door slowly, and found myself in a rectangular cozy-looking room. The first thing I saw is a bar counter opposite the door I came in with a young teenager sitting behind looking comics. She had a lovely big smile on her face and she nods her head towards a empty seat. At the left side of the bar counter is book shelves from the floor to the ceiling with all sorts of magazines and comics and are painted with light blue color. Some dark color small size armchairs are located beside the huge bookstores. Behind the book stores, there are two doors. The door on the right led us into a small kitchen and the door on the left is the washroom.Between the two doors is a wooden sink and a large wooden framed mirror is above the sink. At the right side of the bar counter is divided into four types of seats-the red polka-dots sofas, tables with seat like dustbin upturned,wooden rocking chairs and three partition where we sat on the floor like the Japanese.

I find this place special because it is located in Batu Pahat city center ,which is the place where crowd usually gathers. In here, it is like a secret garden, because no one was talking loudly, and the atmosphere there is always quiet and peaceful like a sea although outside is full of noises.Casual Poet does not compete with those complex restaurants, it has its own style and also exists simply because the owner just want people to slow down in their busy lives and to relax.In fact, the place is quite narrow, but through large glass windows, dancing trees and the as blue as forget me nots skies outsides, it actually feels quite vast.

There are peoples doing discussions, chatting, dating, and I love to study and doing my revision there. When I was in my hometown, whenever my exams are coming, whenever I am going to discuss my homeworks with friends, Casual Poet is always my first choice. Because in there, I feel relax and I can concentrate in my studies and I can stay there as long as I want.Besides, although outside of Casual Poet is always crowded and hot and noisy, inside here is always cool and quiet because not many people knew this heaven like place.There is also a small radio playing soft classical musics so it is really comfortable in there. And Casual Poet also have refreshments like juices , snacks with reasonable prices and it opens from 12 noon to midnight daily and also the most important reason why I prefer to study there, it is near to my secondary school and home.

I am really attached to this lovely secret cafe restaurant and unfortunately I am now in here and cannot studies there anymore. I hope to find another place as nice as Casual Poet here .

-Sing Rui-

No comments:

Post a Comment